Hey all!
I hope that you are enjoying the summer and finding ways to keep cool. It has been hot hot hot here so we have spent most of our time either inside or in the water. We are fortunate enough to have friends that don't mind us joining them at their pools.
Now that school is out and the move is done Kendri and I had a chance to go on vacation. Daddy has been super busy with work so we took a girls week at Smith Mountain Lake with the Ellington girls. We headed to the lake on Monday night and stayed until Saturday morning. It was both relaxing and fun and the girls had a fabulous time playing in the sand and at the pool.
We spent most days either in or on the water. Meg's parents own a beautiful home on a golf course in a subdivision that includes a few pools as well as a beach area with sand. Kendri loved playing in the sand and mommy enjoyed some time in the sun. Kendri had NO fear (which gave mommy some fear) and loved running into the water and playing in the waves. The girls got along great and I spent most nap times reading and sitting in the sun. Meg and I also got some great girl time!
We came home on Saturday and spent Sunday with Daddy for Daddy's day. We went out to brunch at Capital Ale house where Kendri got to enjoy the ducks and then did some grill shopping because Kendri and I gave John a grill for his birthday. John went to a Nats game in DC a few weeks ago for his Daddy day gift.
Hope that you all have a fantastic 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment