Hey all
I hope that you had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend. Thank you to all of you who served and fought for the freedoms that we all cherish!
We had a fantastic weekend. John went for a weekend of bachelor party fun with the boys. He and 3 other guys went a "little cabin in the woods" to hang out for the weekend. I was dreading him being gone and taking care of Kendri on my own, so when our friend Meg invited Kendri and I to hang out with them at their lake house, we jumped at the opportunity.
We left on Saturday morning and made the 2 and a half hour drive to the lake. Kendri was a terrific traveler. Thank heavens she LOVES books! I brought almost all that we had and just kept handing them back to her. She never slept but was completely content just listening to music and looking at her books.
The weekend was filled with sunshine and Kendri's first boat ride. She was a little tentative at first with the life jacket (PFD for my mom ;)) but was quickly intrigued with the other boats and the splash of the water from ours. She and Juliann both enjoyed the ride and Kendri even dipped her feet in the lake. The entire trip was fabulous! She and I both ate well (thanks to Meg and her wonderful family's cooking) and slept well after a full day. I think that Kendri is going to be a beach baby!
I will include some of the pics from the weekend. I hope that you all had a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend as well!
2 more weeks of school YIPPEE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment