Hey all I hope that you are well!
It has been forever since ! have updated the Blog. It is harder now that we have limited internet capabilities and I have to wait until John brings his laptop home. SO I am going to start from the end and work backwards!
Rylin Linnea made her grand appearance into the world on 8-9-10!!
I had been closely monitored due to my tendency to have low fluid so at my weekly appointment on the 9th they found that my fluid was dangerously low and decided to induce . . I was excited to meet Rylin but not looking forward to the pitocin. After being admitted to the hospital and a LONG wait for the nurses to get themselves together they started the pitocin drip around 11:30. Labor was slow going and I was not making too much progress but my midwife was leery of breaking my water because there was so little and she didn't want to stress the baby. After going no where at 2:30 she decided to speed things up and break my water. I went from 4 cm to 8 cm in about 2 hours and then from 8 to 10 in about a half an hour.
After pushing through 3 contractions she was here at 7:42!! John cut the cord and she passed all her initial tests with flying colors. She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 inches long. We were really surprised at her dark hair but otherwise looks exactly like Kendri when she was born. That first night was spent with just the 3 of us and it was awesome!
Since coming home she has been a sweet baby. She only fusses when she needs something and is relatively laid back. She is nursing really well and regained her birth weight by a week old. Kendri is adjusting as well as could be expected. With Grandma here she is getting plenty of one on one time as well as some time with mommy and daddy . . .we'll see what happens when Grandma leaves in a few days . . . eeeekkkk!!!!
Hope that you all are enjoying your summer and taking advantage of the warm weather!!
Welcome Rylin!
ReplyDelete