OK I'll try!
Cheese!!!
Merry Christmas!!
Big Girl
Me and Aunt Donna
I love to be outside!
Yea a tractor ride with Daddy!
Look I can drive!
Timber!!
Timber!!
Hey all I hope that you had a wonderful, relaxing, and restful Thanksgiving weekend.
We had a great Thanksgiving! John was fantastic and let me sleep in!! There is nothing I like better in life then sleep . . . So I woke up just in time to watch the parade. It is always one of my favorite parts of the day and this parade did not disappoint. Kendri lost interest pretty quickly so just played in the living room while the parade was on. She only paid attention when there was music and was really into the Sesame Street float. It had all her favorite characters and she asked for "more" several times. Good thing we have TIVO =) The phone rang off the hook when the Abby Cadabby balloon was on and both grandmas wanted to be sure that Kendri was not missing it!
We tried (to no avail) to put Kendri down for a nap early so that we could head to John's grandpa's house in Cumberland around 2. She was absolutely not having it! AND refused to sleep in the car on the way there so got NO nap for the day . . I thought it was going to be a disaster but she held it together pretty well all things considered.
We got to Grandpa's house around 3 and headed directly out to the tractor to go and find a Christmas Tree .. it is always interesting considering that there are very few evergreens on the property but we found one pretty quickly this year. The weather was beautiful and warm so there was not too much bundling up . . we did put a hat and gloves on Kendri at the very end of the trip. She thought that the ride was fun and even got to drive with Papaw! She thought that steering was the best. She also LOVED the mud puddles . . which were probably more cow manure than anything else !!
We all ate dinner around 5:30 and enjoyed the HUGE amount of food. Name it and it was there. Kendri discovered jellied cranberry sauce and like her Daddy fell in love . . yucky!!! She also ate her weight in ham and chocolate cheese cake.
She fell asleep promptly upon getting into the car and slept for the hour that it took to get home.
For the rest of the weekend we enjoyed some family time. John's parents came over to watch the Tech vs UVA game (in which Tech ran over some wahoos) and then we went for family portraits on Sunday. The pictures turned out great and although we waited FOREVER . . Kendri was smiley and happy for the pictures. I will include some pics from the weekend.
We have so much to be thankful for! We are especially thankful for all our friends and family! Thanks to all who support and love us unconditionally! Love you guys!!



No comments:
Post a Comment