Hey Everyone!
I hope that you all are enjoying your summer. We have definitely been taking advantage of the sunshine. Kendri would never go inside if she had the choice. We are looking forward to hitting Torch Lake next week and hoping that the sunshine will follow us there!
Our Family is finally getting better after sharing a summer cold. Kendri caught it first and then promptly passed it to me and then John. I have finally put away the humidifier. (knock on wood)
This week our playgroup met at Maymont Park. The park is located in downtown Richmond and is beautiful. I have been there with my First Graders on field trips and for a few weddings but have never taken Kendri so I was excited when it was planned. The park is huge with lots of things to see including a petting zoo area as well as some other animals that are in their "natural habitat" and a science center. The plan was to hit the petting zoo part and then have a picnic lunch.
Kendri had a blast. She LOVED the baby goats (they were really cute) and copied some "big kids" as they found leaves on the ground and fed them to the goats. They took them right out of her hand and were very gentle and friendly. She also thought it was fabulous that mommy let her run around and eat at the same time. The park had some huge open areas and most of the mommies sat while the little ones took off. It was nice to not have to watch her every move, but she did find that apple pieces that have dropped on the ground taste EVEN BETTER covered in dirt. And it is soooo funny to watch mommy chase her around and try to get the dirt and sticks away from her before they are completely ingested .. . oh well I guess a little dirt never hurt anyone. She is wide open most of the time and I am wondering what I am going to do with her on an airplane for 2 hours . . .Could be interesting!! If you see us in the airport getting on your plane . . run! Watch out Torch Lake here we come!!!
I will attach a few pics. Hope that you all are well!
No comments:
Post a Comment