Tuesday, June 23, 2009

15 Month Check Up

Hey All, Sorry it has taken me so long to do another update! We have had a fun few weeks and have kept very busy. We have started a play group with a group of mommies that used to do Romp N Roll each week. We have been getting together Wednesday mornings and taking turns hosting. It has been great for both the mommies and the kids =) Kendri went for her 15 mo. well visit on Wednesday the 17th. She did very well with Dr. DeSilva and wasn't bothered by her poking and prodding. Although she was not too fond of the shots! She is a healthy and happy baby and the Dr was very impressed with her verbal skills. The milestone for 15 mo is 5 words and Kendri says about 25-50 (depending if you count animal sounds and and words only mommy and daddy understand). She is repeating everything that we say so we are starting to be VERY careful about the words that we are using! She is very active these days and is burning a lot of calories a day which is accounting for her small size. She is still only 18 lbs 13 oz so is in the 3rd percentile for weight but is 30 and 1/4 inches tall so in the 50th percentile for height. Tall and Slender!! The Doctor suggested that we increase her calories by supplementing her milk intake with Pediasure (which she will not touch with a 10 foot pole). I am finding meal time very frustrating and struggling to get her to eat much of anything these days. She still loves yogurt, oatmeal, and avocado on most days but would rather graze and eat graham crackers and other snacks. I was just coming to grips with the fact that I can't MAKE her eat anything and then the Dr. said I need to be doing more . . . so we'll see!! =) John pointed out that she is reaching all her milestones and that no child in the U.S. has died of malnutrition when their parents are trying this hard. Always going to have that Mommy guilt! I am including a video (if I can make it work) of Kendri playing. She thinks that it is hilarious (as do I) to spin in circles yelling Whoa . . . Whoa . . until she is so dizzy that she falls down! It makes me die laughing every time!! I hope that you all are having a fantasic summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment